Prairie Grass Roots is a growing group of well-informed citizens of Colorado who are coming together to defend and reserve our democracy. Prairie Grass Roots’ goal is to hold our elected officials to their promise to protect their citizens, our constitution, our children, our country, and our world.
- We will resist threats to our citizens, our constitution, our children, our country and our world through our Members of Congress and our local legislators.
- We embrace progressive values. In short, we will not resort to Tea Party behavior, even as we learn from their tactics.
- We believe in non-violence. Instead, we will us the power of our stories.
- We will always de-escalate a situation—whether verbal or physical.
- We will be informed dissenters.
- We understand that day in and day out, our legislators are thinking primarily about re-election.
- We will be an organization that can sustain pressure for this month, and next month, and next year all the way to 2018 and 2020.
- Focus on the local. If you cannot vote for a legislator, they don’t care what you think.
- Be defensive, not policy developers.
- Target Members of Congress who do not support our values.
- Support Members of Congress who resist threats to our democracy.
- Sap the will of Members of Congress to support or drive reactionary change.
- Verify and rely on facts by checking sources.
- React as a group to the topic that is right now, even as we plan for the topics to come.
- Take it slow and steady. We’re in it for the long haul. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.